The best days and times to post to Social Media:
Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday at 12 pm local time.
The lifespan of a tweet is very short - on average only 18 minutes! Timing is extremely important for this social channel, as you are not only competing against time but against many other influencers.
Monday to Wednesday at 12 pm or 1 pm local time.
- Monday and Wednesday at 7:45 am, 10:45 am, 12:45 pm, and 5:45 pm local time.
- These times reference the major breaks on a typical workday (before the day starts, before lunch starts and ends, and before the workday concludes).
Sharing different content shows your followers:
- You know your industry
- You’re collaborative
- Where you’re positioned within the industry
- ⅓ share posts to promote your business, convert readers, and generate profits
- ⅓ share posts of ideas from influencers in your industry (or like-minded businesses)
- ⅓ share posts of personal stories to build your brand
- Posting regularly is highly recommended; however, over posting can be a negative. Over posting may be hard to do on Twitter, but easy to do for Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Different audiences have different tastes. Know them all to appeal to them all.
- It’s okay to share different content to different channels. Something that is very well received on Facebook may not get the same reception on LinkedIn.
If all you do is pitch and sell, there’s very little motivation for people to follow you. Social marketing is all about building relationships...and providing great content.