Before you begin crafting your first Vestorly email, make sure your to import all of your contacts. This article will show you how to do this.
To get started, select the Main Menu icon in the top right hand corner of the Vestorly application and select Contacts.
2. On Your Contacts page, you are able to add new or additional contacts, as well as manage any existing relationships. To begin this process, select Add Contacts on the upper left hand side of your screen.
3. If you would just like to add an single contact for now, select Add Contact. On the following screen, enter their first name, last name and email address. You can also select a tag group for this individual. By default, Vestorly has included two common tags for you. Learn more about tags here.
4. If you would like to add all of your contacts, which we highly recommend doing, select Import Contacts. You will be able to do so through a .csv file (a file format you can save any spreadsheet as) or through a service we integrate with such as Gmail, LinkedIn or Outlook.
5. If you are using an Integrated Service, select the corresponding icon and follow the prompts from that service provider. We suggest sending an email to all of your contacts, not just your clients or prospects. LinkedIn can you send you file of all of your connections that you can drag and drop into Vestorly.
6. To upload a list of your contacts from an existing spreadsheet, select CSV File. Vestorly provides a properly formatted template on this page, just select Download. On the spreadsheet, include each contact's first name, last name and email in separate columns. Once you have completed this task, select Browse to upload the file from your desktop.
7. After selecting the .csv file from your desktop, Vestorly will make sure it is properly formatted. If you do not receive the following message, you will need to save your spreadsheet as a .csv file.
8. Now, you can create and assign tags to this list of contacts. Tags are a way to organize your contacts. You can use it to group your contacts based on mutual interests, age group, market type, or any other way you can think of. To create a new tag, select the + icon and you will be prompted to enter a tag. Any tag or tags you select will apply to every contact of this upload. Don't want to add any tags to this upload? Just click "Finish and Import".
9. Now, Vestorly will upload your contacts. We make sure that each email address is properly formatted. If they are, you will receive the following message:
10. If one or more email addresses were not properly formatted, Vestorly will upload the rest of the list and give you the opportunity to fix the errors. Just select View Errors and click the pencil icon to make your edits.
11. Now you can view your contacts, import another list and sent out an email to your new contacts.