Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) – Troubleshooting
Category: Account Basics
If you are having trouble logging into Vestorly with MFA, this is a resource guide of the most common issues.
- Reset your password
- Click on the “forgot password” link.
- Follow the steps to reset your password.
2. Make sure you are using the Google Authenticator App
- You can download the app by searching for Google Authenticator in the app store of your smartphone.
- Vestorly MFA only works with Google Authenticator.
3. If you are retrieving your temporary password from email, be sure to use the most recent one
- If your account administrator has reset your login, you will have received a new email from Vestorly.
- Search for emails from Vestorly and find the most recent one.
- Setup MFA access again by scanning the barcode in the email.
- Be sure to delete the old MFA credentials.
4. Ensure the clock on your smartphone is up to date
- Check that the clock on your smartphone matches with https://time.is/
- The MFA device uses the clock on your smartphone to make sure that the token generated is valid.
- Setting your device to be automatically synced with the internet time is essential.